Saturday, June 27, 2015

invincible.

adjective:
1. incapable of being conquered, defeated, or subdued
2. insuperable; insurmountable 

It is so easy to feel invincible. And I am not sure that is a bad thing. 

Displaying IMG_4221.PNG
This is Justin and Anna. Justin has been my neighbor in our small apartment complex for almost a year. As soon as he moved in, I knew he was something special. I desired to be around him. He is one of those people who exudes positivity. Justin and I were no means close friends, but we were always intentional. When our paths crossed as we were headed out on an adventure, bike ride, grocery run, or simply work, we made sure to talk about real life. We shared about relationships and struggles and joy. 

Justin and Anna were killed in a head-on collision while driving out to hike on the Columbia River Gorge on Wednesday afternoon. As morbid as it is, I find it appropriate that Justin and Anna died seeking adventure and exploring. 

Justin lived life like he was invincible. He wanted to do and see everything and bring light to those around him along the way. My neighbors and I were crying and sharing stories last night, and we couldn't help continuing to question why they were the ones to die. They both were gifts to this earth. I'm going to celebrate them and invite you to contribute to their families as they mourn the loss of their child, brother, and sister.

I never want to live in fear, but I also want to remember that my time on this world could end at any second. It sounds cliche, but in painful times like this I am reminded to live each day to the fullest. It reminds me to stop wallowing in self-pity and do the things that make me happy. 

So today I am spending the day with my nephews and tonight I am going on a group bike ride.

No comments:

Post a Comment