Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Bucket List

I keep thinking about things that I really want to experience/accomplish/etc before I die... so why not just go ahead and write them out in bucket list? I used to view bucket lists as morbid and unnecessary, but that's because I'm cynical and negative. Setting goals for myself is not at all a strong point of mine. Therefore, fulfilling goals, yeah... not so much. So, out of my comfort zone I am going to make a list of the things I want to do before I die. I expect this to be an ongoing post where I add things to it often.

1. Run a half marathon
2. Travel to New Zealand and Australia
3. Go to see one of my favorite bands at Red Rocks
3. Go to see one of my favorite bands at the Gorge
4. Go to a Dave Matthews Band concert anywhere
5. Float in the Dead Sea
6. Go skydiving
7. Go skydiving again
8. Learn sign language
9. Do mission work in Kenya
10. Get my masters degree
11. Find an occupation I can truly be passionate about and excel in it
12. Find the man who can love and respect me for who I am, but challenge me to be a better woman
13. Experience true love with God at the center
14. Read the entire Bible straight through
15. Join a bowling league
16. Go to Ultimate Frisbee World Championships
17. Get a sick lay-out catch in the end zone
18. Get a callahan (catching a disc on an interception in the opponent's end zone by a defensive player for a point)
19. Coach an Ultimate Frisbee team
20. Be a mentor to someone
21. Bike across the United States
22. Adopt a child
23. Have a family of my own and raise my kids to the best of my ability
24. Go to NYC during Christmas season
25. Go bungee jumping
26. Show my family how much I appreciate all they have done for me
27. Run in all 7 continents
28. Run in all 50 states
29. Learn how to snowboard


Basic start. I'll continue to update it and hopefully cross some out sooner than later!

1 comment:

  1. ok, i like your list. here's the deal... can i do the following ones with you?? 1 (we'll train wherever we are and meet somewhere for a mini vacation), 4 (Cade's been to a ton of these and I've never been), 5 (just come visit me and we'll jump on over to the dead sea and do it together!), 7 (this can be part of our mini vacation), 15 (even though you wouldn't like that- you're too competitve), and 21 (even if we're 40 when we finally get around to it :).)

    Love you and miss you!!

    ReplyDelete